I made this super quickly last night. I then ate it two different ways (see below) again today. It is delicious! Turkey is a leaner meat and a great alternative for those trying to reduce their red meat intake.
*Makes approximately 12 muffins.
- Ground turkey (2 pounds, or more if needed)
- Italian seasoning
- Ground black pepper
One handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil (in my opinion, you can never have enough)
- WASH HANDS
- Sautee the garlic cloves in olive oil until slightly browned. Turn off. Let cool. (Key—let cool)
- Take ground turkey, place in a bowl will all seasonings and cooled olive oil with garlic.
- Mush altogether (I get right in there and use my hands)
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of mixture into muffin tray slots
- Conventional bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly
This goes AMAZING with a side of mashed avocado (avocado, olive oil and lime with pepper-like a quick guacamole) or you can add this turkey muffin to sautéed spinach. I love it both ways.
Dr. Nadia Rizzo, ND