Breakfast on the go: Protein packed berry crumble
I make this in a flash on rushed mornings! A protein packed breakfast on the go!
Adapted from a recipe of my dear friend Dr. Laura Belus, ND
Simply layer the items listed below, in an oven-safe container. Start from bottom to top.
Please note: the amounts may change depending on personal preference and size of the container. (I use a 21 x 21 x 5 cm Pyrex)
Starting at the bottom of the container, layer the following ingredients:
1. 280g/10 oz bag of frozen organic berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or cherries) You can mix it up or use just one.
2. Juice of a whole lemon, squeezed on top of the fruit
3. Thin layer of ground cinnamon evenly distributed
4. 1 1/2 cup ground almond meal
5. Thin layer of crushed organic raw almonds (optional)
6. 2 cups gluten free oats
7. 1 cup raw chia seeds
8. Handful of coconut flakes to top
9. Feel free to drizzle a *thin* layer of organic pure maple syrup on top for some extra sweetness
10. Bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes
We eat this as a breakfast or even use it as a dessert dish with tea!