If you’ve been in my online community for long enough now you’ve probably figured out that I’m all about the simple. The simple, the quick, but healthy and delicious. It wasn’t until my teenage years that I came to really like eating fish, and here is one of my favorite quick oven easy recipes for making shrimp. Fish is a great source of protein and essential fatty acids which are great for our brains!
Health note: be mindful of the body of water that your fish comes from and potential pollution. When possible, try to avoid farmed fish and go for wild.
Health Note #2: If you are pregnant it is recommended that you do NOT eat shellfish
PS: have you seen my oven easy vegetable recipes? Grab them here!
- 2 bunches/ 8 cups Bok Choy (can substitute Swiss chard if you do not have bok choy)
- 1 package of pre-cooked frozen shrimp
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dried parsley (comes in a small jar, find it where the spices are sold in the grocery store)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Salt and cracked black pepper
What to do:
- Peel the garlic and chop into tiny pieces
- Wash the snow peas and the bok choy and set aside
- Set the oven to 350 on bake
- Drizzle some olive oil onto a large baking sheet and spread evenly, creating a thin layer of oil that covers the sheet
- Place the shrimp onto the baking sheet. (Make sure that the shrimp are spread out evenly) Cover each shrimp with pieces of the chopped garlic and sprinkle dried parsley onto each shrimp. Drizzle olive oil over all of the shrimp. Put in the oven to bake until cooked.
- Take the snow peas and put into a medium pot of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium frying pan and saute the bok choy on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Add a dash of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Remove the cooked bok choy and snow peas, add them together in a separate bowl.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven. Carefully scoop out some of the shrimp with the garlic pieces and mix them in with the vegetable mixture.
- Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!